Multi-parametric Prostate Imaging
Prostatic MRI is a non-invasive medical test performed to diagnose and treat pathologies of the prostate.
Uses of Prostatic MRI
- For Assessment of complications after pelvis surgery
- Prior to prostate biopsy
- Staging of prostate cancer
- For evaluation of enlarged prostate
- Rising PSA
- Congenital abnormality
- Infection or prostate abscess.
Benefits of MRI Prostate
- Noninvasive exam with no use of ionizing radiation.
- Very clear images of the prostate with great soft tissue detail generated.
- MRI is valuable in diagnosing a broad range of conditions of the prostate.
- MR spectroscopy, diffusion and perfusion can examine the chemical makeup of the prostate which can diagnose prostate cancer.
- Less possibility of reaction to contrast in comparison to other modalities.